Horn Pad...?

Xmas

Need some help.

I like to know if anyone here ever pulled off the horn pad on your 94-95 Pathfinders w/ Cruise?

If so, were you able to get it back on without buying a new horn pad??

Because for some odd reason my original horn pad does not snap back into the assemble of the steering. I think there are some clips on the horn pad that once you pull off the horn pad you cannot install the horn pad back on.

Anyone can confirm?

~~ Oh my steering wheel is the 4-spoke.

hornpad.jpg

My horn/steering wheel setup

P1020333.jpg

it goes back on...just make sure they didnt get bent or that the wires arent in the way...

Could you pop yours off and post pics of both the horn pad (behind it) and the horn assembly?

I think something is not right w/ my horn pad.

Thanks

Well, here is my horn pad and the steering wheel assembly/unit. Now am I missing anything to get it to click it in so that the horn pad will stay securely??

Steering wheel inside:

P1020348-1.jpg

Horn pad (inner side to where it suppose to click)?:

P1020349.jpg

Clips into steering, am I missing clips or some sort to make it go onto the steering wheel??

P1020351.jpg

Just push, hard. Make sure the clips line up with the large square holes first, and then give it some good pressure. I removed and then re-assembled that cover at least 5 times in one day when I was trying to get my horn to work (Ended up addding some tin foil to complete the contact). You might have to jiggle it around, but it should pop back in.

P1020348-1.jpg

it looks like in the bottom center you have a screw in that hole going towards the floorboard...if so pull that out...thats the screw that comes up from the bottom and holds the center in place...

it looks like maybe some of your clips are bent outwards...make sure the 4 clips will fit in the 4 holes on the steering wheel...

but im really sure thats a screw keeping it from seating down...

it looks like in the bottom center you have a screw in that hole going towards the floorboard...if so pull that out...thats the screw that comes up from the bottom and holds the center in place...

it looks like maybe some of your clips are bent outwards...make sure the 4 clips will fit in the 4 holes on the steering wheel...

but im really sure thats a screw keeping it from seating down...

Humm ok, well I will take that screw out and then bend the clips back in a little thats on the horn pad. I did bend them out a little b/c I thought it was the reason why it was not clipping in (not wide enough). I will just measure the clips (on the horn pad) and the part where its suppose to click on the steering wheel.

I hope that it really is that little screw that is causing it not to click in :(:)

I will post back. Thanks!!

that fix it?

Nope. :(

I looked at the metal brackets behind the horn pad and notice it was bent pretty bad. Kind on like concave in the middle. I tried prying it out some to make it even and not looked bent, but the SOB still will not click into the steering wheel assembly. I think the previous owner just bent the heck out of it and its just worthless horn pad. I think once I get more $$'s together I will order a new horn pad. I just have so much I need to do to this Pathy to get her up to date.

The previous owners did not do $hit to it for the 3yrs/55K they have owned it (Saw it on the title).

Thanks for checking though...

remove the bracket from the horn and see if you can make it fit without that on there...then you can tweak it and make it fit...

you can actually remove the mtg brkt from the wheel and from the pad...and work with them until they mate...it could be possible that someone did this and got one of the back on rotated 180 degrees? I would think they woudl have idiot proofed it but who knows...worth a shot