Trimming wheel wells

chappy

I just bought some new shoes for the ol' girl and got get a bit of rubbing in the infamous left front wheel well when backing up of course. What area of the wheel well is the most common obstacle. I imagine back middle or inside middle. I know alot of you have trimmed or tied back the plastic I was just curious were I should start. Thanks guys and gals.

The best way is to take a heat gun and mold the plastics to acommodate for the tires.

I got my 32" BFG's in Mexico and on stock suspension, it was rubbing HORRIBLY just driving striaght down the street, we (me and the Mexican tire guys) just took some blades and started chopping away. Now half my wheel wells are gone but it doesnt rub. The problem is the rear of my fog lights are exposed to mud and dirt and water now.

i recomend heat gun.

I went around my wheel wells with a sharp blade and cut off most everything that extended beyond the fasteners. I also drilled a few holes to zip-tie the plastic higher up in the well. Worked well and my 33's only rub if I really stuff them up inside.

I also did what FUELER did, molded the plastic a bit with the heat gun. I also removed the screws that hold the plastic from the bottom and screwed the plastic closer towards the front of the vehicle. Then I had to trim off some of the fascia, just used side cutters.

Found the culprit. To my disbelief it was the front of the driver's side that was causing the rubbing. I pushed the well in about 2" and zip tied it through one of the natural holes and gusto! Does the front of the wheel well mainly protect the light housings? I noticed there are some drain holes underneath I created some gaps by pushing the bottom in but I don't think it should be a problem it should still deflect the majority of the water and debris.