Southeast Florida?

GHSER7

Any one from the Ft. Lauderdale area? I like to go wheeling but I don't know other people in the area that do nor the great spots in the area.

I live in Plantation, we could meet to go 4-wheeling somewhere down here.

Tomorrow I am (hopefully) finishing my toy (89' Pathy), removing the thermostat and replacing the bypass hose.

Do you know someplace to go at the everglades? I have seen some nice dirt roads off 27 and mostly sure there are plenty on the way to Shark Valley.

There are some nice areas down by Flamingo (south of Homestead), I use to go dirt biking down there.

Edited by racaron

I just moved from Plantation a yr and a half ago. I lived near University and Broward. I live In Tamarac now(Southgate & Knob Hill/Coral Ridge). I've got to prep my truck, it's still stock. I'm looking to get a lift and tires soon. I've gone out to a spot on 27 right at the Broward/WPB line. Nice spot it was pretty wet the last time I went out there and I was alone, so I didn't doo too much. lol I tried some spot by griffen and 27 to by the Park out there.

The place by 27 and Griffin is the Holiday Park. I have never been there for offroading, but for fishing at the dock. :aok:

I am still having some issues with my truck cooling system, but should solve them hopefully by next weekend.

We could meet and go to that place by the county border, or maybe closer by the Holiday Park. I bet there is plenty of mud with all the rain we are having!

Edited by racaron

Still having overheating issues with mine. Had the thermostat removed and rad flushed, and still overheats. I was about to head for the H2O pump, but was advised on the fan clutch. Now I will be checking the clutch before moving on to replace the pump. We will see.

Next will be the cat, planning to take it somewhere down in 441 to have it emptied. Next will be a body lift, 3". But definitely once the overheating issue is solved the rig is ready to go swamping somehwere!

Let me know if you need help or a good mechanic, I know a good few ones.

I actually do everything myself. From motor swaps to tranny swaps, I've done just about everything. If I haven't done it yet, I'll try to do it.

I just had a set back with getting mine trail ready.....My company just went out of business, so i was layed off last week. Now I need to find a ne wjob to supply my $2500 mortgage. :(

Sorry to hear about your job. The situation in SoFla has been pretty tough in the past few years. Hopefully you will get something good soon.

I am impressed that you can do so much stuff with the truck. I wish to have more time to be more adventurous with mine, but my job is pretty demanding and I barely have time for my toys.

Now I will try to install an electric fan on my task to solve the freaking overheating issue.

Good luck with the job search!