Rattling sound from the gas tank

Caribbeandude

Yesterday i was busy in the garden and out of nowhere I hear a strange rattling sound coming from the

gas tank of my pathy. I noticed it before sometimes after a drive when i turn off the car, this rattling sounds

comes on 4 a few seconds. I was thinking maybe the fuel pomp keeps running a few seconds. But now i had

not driven her for 2 days and this sound comes up. Any body had this before ?? Das it mean the fuel pump

is going and I have to replace it ?

My car is standing under a carport but in the afternoon the back of the car (gas tank site) is catching some sun,

out here its always around 35degrees (Celsius) sometimes hotter. Maybe its getting hot ??

I don't know just guessing.

Could just be residual pressure in the tank causing a few little noises. To test, next time you shut her down, undo the gas cap to release the pressure, then tighten it back up. If it still makes noises, it could be something wrong, though, the fuel pump itself shouldn't make noise, even if it were to go.

I have to agree with Simon. There isn't anything that can rattle really fuel pump wise. It could be a baffle that has come away though. Also your fuel pump pressurises the fuel rail, hence it may run after you switch off for a very short time and (with the ignition on) before it fires up.

Could just be residual pressure in the tank causing a few little noises. To test, next time you shut her down, undo the gas cap to release the pressure, then tighten it back up. If it still makes noises, it could be something wrong, though, the fuel pump itself shouldn't make noise, even if it were to go.

It sounds electrical, I don't know, I will test it when I'm home tonight.

Thanks