Dumb ? About Oil Change

Andrew

Planning on changing the oil on my 93 this weekend. Do I need a new crush washer, or can I just use the same one. The reason Im asking is because on my Civic Si, it costed like 30 cents. I was on autozone's website, and they had it listed for like 10 bucks. I know its a dumb question but can somebody help?

Planning on changing the oil on my 93 this weekend. Do I need a new crush washer, or can I just use the same one. The reason Im asking is because on my Civic Si, it costed like 30 cents. I was on autozone's website, and they had it listed for like 10 bucks. I know its a dumb question but can somebody help?

I havent replaced one yet on my Pathy; no leaks yet!

:crossedwires:

I change all my own fluids too on my '90 and mine has never had a "crush washer" on it, just kept it tight and its never leaked.

The bolt on mine kinda has a "built-in" washer on it.....not just a nut-head on it.

Dont over tighten the bolt though...its not one you want to strip the threads out of! :)

-Chris

OK one more question. I did the oil change yesterday, and everything went well. When I started it after

everything was done, the engine knocked for a second. Is there something I could have done to prevent this and

get the oil flowing sooner?

Nope that's normal. Your oil light ought to have illuminated for a couple of seconds until the oil pressure switch is made as well. Check for leaks and proper fill level and you should be golden.

I had some oil under it, but it dirty oil from when I removed the oil filter and it got everywhere.