upgrade to intermittent wipers?

slevin

Went to the junkyard on saturday. The only had 1 pathy.- 2 door- maybe an 89? i couldn't locate a year stamp/sticker. it was stripped well- the only thing i could think of was the intermittent wiper switch as mine is constant. It was all exposed so i cut the wires after the connectors and pd $4.00 for it. can i install it in my 92 without changing my motor? I'm thinking that i can't, but it was worth the $4.00 gamble. i didn't even check/compare the motors.

I seriously need to get an intermittent wiper setup also. My 95XE wipers have 2 speeds...On and Fast, which is rather annoying. I'm guessing most of the SE and LE models of the same year have them, but what all is involved with changing one out?

i've never done wiring work other than my stereo. i looked in the chiltons haynes books. i removed the casing around the steering column last night- my contant wipers (stock, non intermittent) had 5 wires coming out of it. the new wiper control i have has about 8 or 9 w/ some different plugs. there is an "amplifier" box either in or connected to the wiper motor in the fire wall on the passenger side. i found the same 5 wires coming out of the motor and they are taped to the main wire group (wrapped in black tape) going into the pass compartment - this taped wire is at least an inch in diameter. i'd probably just route the new wires in individually. i'll have to check the junkyard to see if the motor is still there. or you could buy new parts. i wonder what they cost? great luxury.