Yes Or No

95shakinPF

Hey guys and gals, Ive got plenty of offroad adventures waiting for me here in Issimmippi! I used to go all the time with friends who had 4x4s and I believe there is a lotta places I can make it with Aridssa(my pathys name),if she was a bit taller. Has anyone installed a 3" body lift on a 2WD? Is it pretty much the same as a 4WD or any special needs? Or should I just leave Aridssa alone and keep my but on pavement? :crazy: Any input,comments,suggestion are needed and appreciated!

Hey guys and gals, Ive got plenty of offroad adventures waiting for me here in Issimmippi! I used to go all the time with friends who had 4x4s and I believe there is a lotta places I can make it with Aridssa(my pathys name),if she was a bit taller. Has anyone installed a 3" body lift on a 2WD? Is it pretty much the same as a 4WD or any special needs? Or should I just leave Aridssa alone and keep my but on pavement? :crazy: Any input,comments,suggestion are needed and appreciated!

Gonna have to vote No on this one... I think you'd be better off with a 3" suspension lift for clearance rather then a 3" BL.

I would oppose that view, a body lift gives you permanent tire clearance. Suspension lifts only give clearance at a standstill, over bumps the suspension will cycle up and down and you won't keep the clearance.

A 2WD is basically a simplified version of 4WD, you may want to make sure your driveshaft will work with a BL since 2WD's have a two-piece driveshaft mounted to the rearmost crossmember with a carrier bearing. Other than that I can't think of any reason why a BL wouldn't work on a 2WD.

:unsure: Thanx 4 the input and keep it coming! Truth is ive been reading the hell outa the poor man's SL and am really thinking of doing both now!! I gotta eventually replace my BJ's (not severe yet, but will if I lift her!)so the UCA's are really lookn like a near future puchase! And as far as the JGC springs go, theres plenty of u-pull-its here in southern MS. So that wont be a problem either! :bounce: JUST GOTTA DO IT!!!!! :bounce: