Anti-lock Light

lunchindabox

Hello,

I just picked up a 92 4x4 ext cab hardbody pickup (pics in the general forum- "added to my fleet")

It is a v6 that has 167k miles and runs "okay"

When I bought it it had no pressure in the brakes and the "anti-lock" light was on. Fluid was low. I added fluid and only had pressure when the truck was off. Once I cranked it up, I lost presure in the pedal. I decided it was not the master cylinder and checked the rear cylinders. It turned out they were leaking. Changed them both and brakes work well.

BUT, I have the "anti-lock" light on. I searched and found little on the subject. But nothing worth talking about. Anyone want to tell me if there is a procedure to diagnose or get codes or anything.

Where are the wheel sensors? I saw the procedure to get codes from the ecu, but that didn't have any abs codes. Fluid was topped off when the rear cylinders were done and bled.

Thanks in advance.

BUT, I have the "anti-lock" light on. I searched and found little on the subject. But nothing worth talking about. Anyone want to tell me if there is a procedure to diagnose or get codes or anything.

Where are the wheel sensors? I saw the procedure to get codes from the ecu, but that didn't have any abs codes. Fluid was topped off when the rear cylinders were done and bled.

From my understanding there is only one sensor for ABS in the rear.

I get my ABS light coming on every now and then...

I'm still newbie to the Pathfinder game, so hopefully someone else can shed a little more light on this.

your only sensor is the ABS valve on the passenger side it sounds like it may need to be bled if the MC is good and you dont have any other leaks in the system...theres a post somewhere around here that I made not too long ago on the bleeding order...if the ABS valve has air in it I believe that will set the light off...and air in the system gives you soft brakes and so does a bad MC