Pathy T-case And Tranny Work In A Hardbody?

madizm620

Hey guys i need some info on what transfer case will work in my truck, its an 87 hard body, well the door tag says its an 86/1 but registers as an 87, obviously 4x4 with teh vg30. My transfer case finally went the other night and i cant seems to find any 4x4 hardbodys in any of the wreckers around here but there is tons of pathfinders in all years and was wondering if the tranny and Tcase would bolt up to my truck? and if so from what years? any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Eric

Sweet, thanks that is the answer i wanted to hear. Any year better than another? I guess i'll get the lowest km one i can find. I got the truck for free from a friend and he said that it was making weird noises like grinding metal undeneith it sometimes but when i got it from him it never made the noise at all until i went 4xing a few times, then it started making sounds frrom hell. I took it home and checked the T-case fluid and whe i pulled the plug there wasn't a drip inside just a whole lot of huge chunks of metal on the magnet. I tried to put a bit more fluid in and it just leaked out almost instantly around all the seals.