Looking At A 94, Shifts Rough?

98SE

After avoiding the 97 pathy with a cracked head, I decided to look for another one. This time I found a 94, its an XE 2wd 5-speed. It has 169, 750 miles. The engine runs great except that it idles at 2,000 rpm. I should be able to adjust the idle screw so that should be an easy fix. The exhaust manifolds don't sound cracked at all, absolutely no ticking. The power windows work only 10% of the time. Not sure what the problem is there. A/C needs recharged and it needs an alignment since it pulls to the left. Now the only major problem I found is that its very hard to shift. It doesn't feel like it is grinding at all but it is just hard to get past the notches while going through the shift pattern. 1st gear is really hard to get into. Is the tranny going bad? Or does it need just need a fluid change? Like I said it isn't grinding at all. The guy was asking 2400 for it and after I brought up these problems, he is very much willing to lower the price. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. don't forget to mention common problems on the hardbodys that I should look for.

Low hydraulic fluid levels. Bad sycronisers (although it should be more obvious on some gears than others). Bad release bearing. Bad clutch master cylinder all could contribute to hard shifting.

For your power windows if they seem to be sluggish, cleaning the rails and re lubing them should work.

.....hardbodys? you are talking about a Pathy right?