Paint?

phattbaztard

A good polish with quality car care products like Meguiars or Mother's or 3M would be a good first step. Then wax and detail, see how it goes. I've never used the clay bar thing but from the looks of it that system is probably only good for paint in good condition to begin with. I could be wrong! Try it and let us know! ;)

thanks for the input guys, but i have decided to take the plunge and just paint the truck. i will have this weekend off so i will be taking some before and after pictures. the truck will go from "DOG D!CK RED" to black metallic. the body is in half way decent condition aside from some minor spots so not much detail there. any suggestions let me know.

-bastard-

FYI, dark colors show waves, dents and ripples in the body a lot more than lighter colors. Black metallic may not look as good as you think it will if the body is less than perfect.

the body is in half way decent condition aside from some minor spots
If you're not dead set on that color, you might want to pick something else. I did the body on mine before it was painted and missed a few areas (pressed for time, dark garage, *insert other lame excuse here*) and it shows on my bright blue truck. If it were black I'm sure that every imperfection would show and make it look as wavy as a Butterfinger bar. Just sayin'...

I am very much aware of the consequences with the dark colors, but i dont plan on putting it ina show anytime soon. the paint on there now "looks" like a factory 2 tone (red/maroon). i could finger-paint it and it would look better than it does now!!!

Cool. Black metallic looks schweet on Pathfinders, BTW. My old roommate had a black '95 for years. That truck was pure pimp when he first brought it home.

Yeeahh...pimpin my black NiASSan all over town for some time now. Beware the black swirls.