1st Post - Need Some Feedback

kutch

The reason I'm dropping in is that my sisters soon to be husband has a 1987 Pathfinder sitting in his driveway collecting rust.

White/ 5sp/ 4 banger/ 4x4/ rust all over but not excessive/ its got that cool removable top with roll bars/ runs/ registered and on the road...Just sitting.

I know Nodda' about the pathfinders. I'm coming from a Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel type of area...Or a enduro Moto...and my wifes 2000 altima with over 210,000 miles....Thats where I live and breath right now...

So then,

Are these years worth fixing up?

Not looking for a charmer here, just something to use to get back and forth to work during the winter (on the days I can't ride the motorcycle...In the winter)... :) And maybe have a little bit of fun off road!

Does anyone have a list of the biggest dos/ don't s / look for this that and the other thing rules and regs....?

(+) the soon to be brother in law just might end up giving it to me...so the buy in will be pretty cheap....

Thoughts anyone?

Kutch

Edited by kutch

i'm confused, they never had a removable top.

got pics?

The Autos are kinda junk, the 5 speeds are good. make sure to over fill the tranny, make sure you use GL4 (redline recomonded. same in T case or gear lube is OK. (5.1 qt.i belive in the tranny)

I'm not too familiar with the 4 bangers as they were not very common. The V6 is bomb proof.

enjoy, there is a wealth of knowledge here on the pathy's

The reason I'm dropping in is that my sisters soon to be husband has a 1987 Pathfinder sitting in his driveway collecting rust.

White/ 5sp/ 4 banger/ 4x4/ rust all over but not excessive/ its got that cool removable top with roll bars/ runs/ registered and on the road...Just sitting.

Unless you've come across a custom job, what you have there sounds like a *Toyota* 4Runner with a 22RE engine.

Ghostpath,

Funny you mention that.

I swore from a distance it was a toyo.

But the night I went up to it it had Pathfinder on the side...?

I'm going back tonight to do a better inspection...

Kutch

Ghostpath,

Funny you mention that.

Kutch

It could be a Army Pathfinder sticker - i.e., a sticker promoting a unit of the US Army.

Alternately, someone could have been playing games with stickers back in the 80s. For some reason, during the late 80s, people liked putting Pathfinder stickers on 4Runners, and vice versa.

• 1 month later...
Ghostpath,

Funny you mention that.

Kutch

he probably means the sun roof... :aok: