Well... It's Dead.

GhostPath

Some of you may recall that I bought my 93 as a project, missing a lot of parts. Got it all reassembled, got it all buttoned back up, and it ran. Poorly at first, then better and finally well.

After about 20 minutes of messing around, it rattled, clanked, and died. And the engine won't rotate forward any more. I'm guessing I got the wonderful camshaft shear problem, because I know I didn't make any mistakes on the timing belt change, and it wasn't acting weird right up until it went poof. I'd even turned the engine over by hand one hundred times to make sure it didn't have a problem.

I'm just about out of time to play with this. Unless someone local happens to have a working engine real cheap and can help me install it ASAP, the truck (or the remains) is up for sale - my landlord is already upset about my Jag scattering its transmission out front yesterday.

where are you located...I'm fixing to list an engine on ebay (wont list it if you want it)

It should run but I have not seen it run...I bought an altima engine from my buddy at a JY i used to work at back home so I know he doesnt sale crap so I dont think there is an issue but just have to put it out there...it has all the seals replaced including head gaskets and water pump and all that jazz...its been retrofitted to the pathy engine with a 2wd HB water pump and still the altima timing belt (square tooth instead of round tooth) I've got probably a solid $500+ in this engine I can also provide california emission parts...its located in california city and its on an engine stand...make me an offer and we'll see what we can do...I've also got an extra set of heads that are (mostly good) (a couple of dings in the casting where a piece of trash banged around in the cylinder) these heads were rebuilt about 25k ago and the only reason I kept them was for spares in case something bad happened...

I also would like to mention that you may want to pull the TB cover to make sure the TB is still tight..if not i'd pull the heads to see if there is major damage do the pistons...if not rebuild the heads and try her again...I broke a tb on my 87 (reason the heads above were rebuilt) I spent about $250 and 3 days (1 waiting for parts) to rebuild them with the assistance of my now ex gf's dad in their garage/driveway...so that may very well be an option

Edited by unccpathfinder

i've got one of those for sale too :unsure::( ...my mom is trying to take it from me since her brand new heep has already fried the ECU and now like 10 other things burned up on it as a result...so she thinks I am going to give her my pathy...maybe let her drive it till dec but i need to sale it or get it here