Lift

89pathfinder

Alright, well now that its almost time to lift my pathfinder, i have contemplating a few different ideas. I was originally going to go with a 3 inch body lift and 3 inch suspension. So heres my first question, to those who have installed or helped install a body lift how hard was it to do? What problems could i run into?

Now for my next question, was is the maximum possible lift that i can get out of the front independant suspesion?

Well what exactly does the trailmaster lift do to lift up the front. I know it drops the torsion bars but how does that lift the front end up without cranking the t bars? In the picture they have on the website the lower a arms are horizontal just like stock, not angled downward like after cranking the the torsion bars.

• 2 weeks later...

It has a "drop down bracket" that kinda looks like a rectangular piece of steel that lowers the control arms, torsion bars, etc. Check out the picture of all the parts.

if you want it bad enough, and can't afford to have it installed, you will just stop asking how hard it is and install it. it is not impossible, and not "near" impossible if you have 50% of your brain matter left and a good set of tools, a couple good friends and you're not illegitimate. air tools are a HUGE bonus. it is not a 2 hour install, but it can be done in a weekend.

here is what a 4" TM SL looks like (excuse mud and other yuck down there.. but you get the idea)