My Junk

89_trailboss

wasnt going to post this up till I was much closer to being finished. or atleast till it resemabled a truck but I ran into some unexpected things latley so this projects off for a month or so. So I figured I will post up what I have started.

couple months back I sold my 89 pathfinder. I loved that truck but it was rotting way to fast. plus after only 8 months, my trans was about to kick the bucket(weird cause my other trans only lasted me 8 months till the input shaft snaped).

anyways, heres the plan; my new truck is pretty much going to be a truggy. the front half of the frame is from an 89 pathfinder. the rear half has been tubed(still two more main trubes to be added). going on the frame is the cab from my 87 king cab HB. full EXO. allpro style bed. Drive train is going to start off as a VG30i rebuilt top end. P&P heads and intake manifold with an M90 sitting ontop. behind that is a 5 speed with TX10 then a 720 case. Axles are out of a 73 3/4 ton J series. Rear is a FF D60. 5.38's, welded, Disk brake swap. Front is a HD D44, 5.38's ARB or OX , superior shafts, Warn hubs, Hydro asst. rear is going to be a double triagulated 4 link with 18" Fox air shocks. front is going to be a 3link with 16" coilovers(more then likely FOA's). Going to be running 39.5x13.5 Iroks on 16" rims.

nuff blah blah blah. heres a coulple quick pics:

Frame, ~31" under the frame rails.

IM000197.jpg

rear links. 2x.250" DOM. 49" long, eye to eye.

IM000198.jpg

D60 trussed with 1.6x.125 DOM. 3/8" plate ontop

IM000200.jpg

rear link mounts. 1/4"

IM000202.jpg

IM000204.jpg

driveshaft to mount 720 case behind TX10

IM000206.jpg

720 case behind TX10. Long and ugly but should work great. with a 112" wheelbase my rear driveshaft is still ~30" long. plus cause the outputs are below the inputs on the 720 case, it should help with my drive shaft angles.

IM000205.jpg