Clock Backlight And Tachometer

Smithk

Well I've pulled a part my dash and instrument panel to see why my back light on the clock doesn't work and my tachometer is spuradict. I checked the light and it still looks perfect, except two little burn marks along the connectors which I'm guessing are not connecting the circuit... anyone know where I can get a new back light or the part number for it? Then I attempted to fix my spuradict tachometer by bending it slightly back and it some what worked but should the tachometer needle have lots of play since the speedometer actually moves with a nice flow and not as much play? I hope this makes sense if not it is understandable cause well that is just my crappy grammar and syntax skills.

I did search for this, in fact I found my old topic before on this but this time I've attempted to repair it...

IIRC, you should just be able to replace the lightbulb for the clock. You can pick up the light bulb at probable in auto parts store. If it's one of those microlamps, then you can pick those up at radioshack or electronics store. Explain the problem you're having with your Tach. Does it work intermittenly? Does it bounce like crazy? If so, no other fix I can think of other than replacing the the tach unit itself. My Tach works when it wants to and bounces like crazy when it wants too. I just live with it until I can find myself a new one.

• 1 month later...
Well I've pulled a part my dash and instrument panel to see why my back light on the clock doesn't work and my tachometer is spuradict. I checked the light and it still looks perfect, except two little burn marks along the connectors which I'm guessing are not connecting the circuit... anyone know where I can get a new back light or the part number for it? Then I attempted to fix my spuradict tachometer by bending it slightly back and it some what worked but should the tachometer needle have lots of play since the speedometer actually moves with a nice flow and not as much play? I hope this makes sense if not it is understandable cause well that is just my crappy grammar and syntax skills.

I did search for this, in fact I found my old topic before on this but this time I've attempted to repair it...

Hey Smithk, any luck with your clock light yet?

I just lost mine yesterday :unsure:

We need to get together and get muddy sometime! :D

Hello from NewWestminster! WAVEY

No luck on the clock light I just gave up on the clock because it would make sure I came home on time and kept me from wheeling away. Yeah for sure about offroading you should of come out today we did Eagle Mt. got some nice body damage on my lower passenger rear bumper area and driver side lower door but other then that it was awsome. If you keep an eye on the Western Canada section I usually post the next trail run,etc. unless it is randomly after work.

No luck on the clock light I just gave up on the clock because it would make sure I came home on time and kept me from wheeling away. Yeah for sure about offroading you should of come out today we did Eagle Mt. got some nice body damage on my lower passenger rear bumper area and driver side lower door but other then that it was awsome. If you keep an eye on the Western Canada section I usually post the next trail run,etc. unless it is randomly after work.

been workin the night shiftfor the past month... :suicide: and this weekend is out... gotta road trip to kelowna to drink all my pal's booze at his wedding, and offer my condolences... :lol:

but soon, very soon...

its embarassing, ive had my truck for about 3 weeks now, and i still haven't taken it off road... :ohno01:

embarassing...

laterez