Hats Off To Advanced Auto Parts

dagwoodzz

Advanced Auto treated me really good this weekend and thought everyone should know and hopefully experience good service.

Got a new starter for the '87 but overtightened the post to the solenoid. Cracked and destroyed it. Took it back to advanced and told him the whole sad story. He was out of starters so found one at another store close by. I went over to get it, in the meantime he called the manager and told him the story. When I got to the store the manager gave me the MWS lecture on overtightening then swapped out the starter for free!

He really cut me a break, because he could have just sold me a new starter.

So to return the favor, I just wanted to share the experience and hope they treat everyone here as well as they treated me.

Didn't mean to pick on you MWS, you do go off on overtightening. Buy you're right! Thanks and next time I'll listen.

Edited by dagwoodzz

advanced Auto treated me really good this weekend and thought everyone should know and hopefully experience good service.

from my experience...advance has crappy parts and the reason is their remanufactured parts (from a manager at an advance after I told him his alts sucked so bad after going thru 3 in less than a year) are actually all old parts (they send cores to like china and have the people test the different parts whats good gets cleaned and put in a box whats bad gets chunked...then they take from these boxes of good parts and make "good" parts I got to where I use NAPA only parts but some things I will get at advance if I have to

I went through 4 sets of pads (the shims were glued on instead of rivets and kept on slipping out of the caliper and hitting my spindle hub at which i took the last set back in a box and got my refund...

I then went through 3 alts in less than a year by various things going bad (wasn't running anything extra than stock besides an aftermarket stereo that was just 2 6x9's.

They are good for getting parts when u are in a jam and need them right away...esp with their 24 hr stores...I just try to steer clear of the "advanced" brand stuff