Just Bought Rims

beatle1

for me 97 pathy (red). Its got no lift and will only get a one inch lift if anything in the distant future.

I went with the black Cragar 15x8 with 4 inch backspacing. I have the sh*77y chrome rims now that come on the XE. They look like garbage and the whole truck looks unstable with the stock backspacing. (j/k)

Im thinking of going with 31x10.5 tires. Is this the reasonable choice? This pathy does 95% of its time on the great concrete slab. Wifey doesnt want it to look to "redneck" but Id like it to have a filled out look underneath and be able to run the fireroads as well with no probs. Sounds like some A/T for us. We had these Pathfinder tires on our last pathy that were cheap none the less but I am not sure what you guys think of the quality for that price. ($55 per tire IIRC) Thanks for looking. Pics coming when they get on.

No harm in A/T's, its all most people need. I prefer good tires though, BFG A/T or Revo's are popular. What size tire did the truck come with stock and how much room left in the wheel well?

B

The stockers are 235/70/15 and there is about 1.5 inches between the tire and the bottom of the strut. (Yikes!) That is measured as the shortest distance between the two. So, like I said the new wheels will have 4 inch BS, not clear if that helps in these matters. I may lift it slightly in the future but that wont happen for prolley a year at best.

Just took the pathy out this weekend on some desert mtn roads and it was a blast. :D The tires, crappy road tires, spun a few times but we were just riding what you might call fireroads. I'd love to see her on some A/Ts. Thanks.

Yeah, it is fun, isn't it... :D

What I meant by room in the wheel well is all around. Try something like this. Turn the wheels all the way to the right when parked on a street, then put the passenger side tire on the curb. Get out and look to see the clearance. Do the same thing with the wheels to the left and back onto the curb. You get the point. 31" tires will be 3 inches larger in diameter than what you have, so make sure you have at least 2 inches clearance in abnormal flex situations. This calculator may help. It's kinda cheesy and you can google far better ones, but I had the link... :shrug:

B