Sirius Sat. Install

Wife's 6 disc changer just bit the dust, so i ordered a pioneer head unit, sirius tuner, and kit for the steering wheel controls. Any way my question is has anyone installed the tuner, found a good good place to put the tuner.. all info appreciated

Edited by natedawg

How big is the tuner? You might be able to place it behind the glovebox or under a front seat.

The size is 5 wide 5 3/16 high and about 1 1/2 thick, looked under seat would be a little tight

Try removing the glove box and the glove box surround. There may be enough space behind the dash to the right of the blower motor, against the body. I installed an iPod adapter unit in that area using double-sided tape, but it's a bit smaller than 5"x5".

Try removing the glove box and the glove box surround. There may be enough space behind the dash to the right of the blower motor, against the body. I installed an iPod adapter unit in that area using double-sided tape, but it's a bit smaller than 5"x5".

I'll check that out when i have it all apart, appreciate the help..

I've installed mine under my Pionneer deck...there's lots of room under the deck behind the cigarette lighter...I've put my antenna on the dash in the right corner by the windshield...never cuts out for me...just didn't want to wire the whole thing outside...Have a look at the little antenna in the picture!

100_3107.jpg

I put my XM tuner inside the dash behind the radio/CD player unit, just kinda stuffed it back there. And the antenna is on the roof directly behind the drivers side A-pillar. It's worked great for years.

Thanks for all your help everyone. i ended up putting the tuner under the radio, plenty of room under there, as for the antenna, i put it on the driver side rear of the vehicle on the roof, near the left rail. will post pics tomorrow.

I got mine receiver attached to the blank switch panels in the center consol, that way when I take it out I can just replace two panels and you'ld never know it was there. The antenna sits in the center of the roof at the rear of the Pathy.

post-388-1181425673_thumb.jpg

kit for the steering wheel controls? where did you get that? Got a brand name/ model? I have been wanting to switch my 6 cd changer for a dvd mp3 player but loosing the steering wheel controls is what got me not to do it.

kit for the steering wheel controls? where did you get that? Got a brand name/ model? I have been wanting to switch my 6 cd changer for a dvd mp3 player but loosing the steering wheel controls is what got me not to do it.

got the kit at crutchfield.com i think it only works with pioneer and sony head units, the may have others for different radios. i don't think it had a brand name they just reffered to it as a PAC, and thats pretty much all the box had on it..