Engine Mods

Guest drunken_rice

Guest drunken_rice

so i was checking other forums and found that someone took their vg30 engine and with headers, exhaust and intake rebuilt it and got 240hp from it... im just wondering what your guyz thoughts are?? you think its all possible? realistic? ya kno??

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php...88&page=6&pp=15

thats the link to it... i know i wish i could do it but i sure dont have the money for it... oh well... sly

Dude, the guy built a 3.4L out of a 3.3 block using 300ZX crank and rods, custom Infiniti Q45 pistons with custom ported heads, performance cams, full headers, exhaust and full ECU upgrade. I'd expect about that much from that kind of engine. It's a LOT of money to throw at a mild V6, though...but hey, whatever makes you happy.

I have a mildly ported DPR cylinder head, Nissan Motorsports cams (JWT has more power, Nissan Motorpsorts has more torque) JWT POP charger, JWT ECU, Doug Thorly Headers, Nissan motorsports exhaust.

Doug Thorley headers...does this mean that they could fit on a VG33E...?

Same block, different equippage. Newer Pathys have dual cats right behind the stock exhaust manifolds that prevent using headers unless you replace the cats, o2 sensor housings, and everything. It'd be a major PITA to move, remove or replace everything on an R50 JUST to get headers to fit.