Minor Transmission Issue...

SaKaNa

OK. I guess no internal transmission problem is really a minor issue. I have a transmission thats about 370 days old. When my new mechanic replaced my transmission cooler and my speed sensor, he found metal shavings and burned fluid inside.

The only problem that I've noticed is that if you accelerate, you go from 1st, to 2nd, then you have to ease off the gas to get into 3rd, but I always do that anyway from my stick days, so I never really noticed it.. Its been doing that for at least 8 months and hasnt gotten any better or worse... how serious of a situation is this? Since its lasted this long, as long as I dont change my driving habits, is it going to survive a while like this?

My old mechanic said he is going to take it apart this week and most likely send it back to the place he outsourced it to and tell them they have to do it right this time..

I have no idea. You say there's already problems with it, so there's no way to tell if it's just a matter of stock shift performance being cruddy or if there's something shredded inside already that's causing the problem.