What I'm Doing In Alaska

87pathmaker

I know I'm not superactive on here right now, and haven't had time to take the pathy out much, so I thought I'd show you guys what I've been into....

Property Investment. Obviously I'm not the investor. I'm buying property back up to 51% of the company from the Investor through Profit Shares, as a percerntage of the initial investment (not the net worth).

We are building quite a bit of capital right now, being that this is mostly a tourist economy in SE Alaska and we are in season, however it is more of a destination than a tour boat stop (i.e. Princess Cruise lines, which now stop in Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and Ketchikan).

The hotel needs a remodel, but is fully operational with a full service restaurant, which I'm putting most of my focus into right now (previous management was running it into the ground).

We are getting ready to purchase two more properties this month... I'm super excited.

Here's a couple pictures of the Property and the Town:

Over-View of Wrangell, AK

SIairview0085.jpg

Reflecting :)

SI-1.jpg

IFA Ferry leaving the Ferry terminal (block away)

SI.jpg

25K sq feet vs big ass boat!

SIandship7295.jpg

The view from the restaurant..

IM000946.jpg

Area Attractions:

Anan Bear observatory, world famous, only reachable via jetboat about 40K south

Observ8724.jpg

Brown Bear feasting on spawning salmon at Anan

Sowandcubs0696.jpg

Glacier at the head of Shakes Lake, also only reachable by jetboat, about 30 mi north of me:

Sh.jpg

Moose and calves up the Stikine River (off one of the tributaries)

Mooseandcalves0818.jpg

Since I've been up here, Dec. 31st, I've not had a day off, have been averaging 14 hour days.. but believe it or not, have never been happier... I'm very lucky because, the investor is my Fiance's Dad, and I just kinda happened to fall into it. After coming up here in July last year for vacation and disscussing with him some friendly ideas, apparntley something clicked with him and he offered me the job (after firing his son, who just didn't really want to do it :blink: )

Yeah, the town has a ton of economic potential... it is only about 90 miles form highway 1 in BC.. they've been trying to build it for about 5 years, and old school ignorant politics here have haulted it (people here don't like change).. thank god a younger (much smarter), and more willing group is coming into political activity and understand the importance of economic stability in a small town. IF they build the road, port potential is HUGE... so that is also exciting, but probably 10-20 years out.

On the non-business side of things, there are only 3 pathfinders in town, and are all owned by seniors :) There are ton of logging roads, stream crossings, mud/muskeg holes, old rock pits, rock gardens to play in.. just gotta find them. There is a built sami, a built cj, and my buddy is building a toy for this summer, so I'm sure i'll have plenty of people to pull out :) The pathy is going under a pretty major overhaul this winter i'm going to turn it into my play toy since the 240 will probably have to either stay garaged, or be sold ( :( )... 13 miles of pavement doesn't justify bringing it up.