Rear Rnd Noise..

Hey everyone, Im new here. I just got my pathfinder from my dads shop a few months ago. Somebody just left it there and said they didnt want it anymore. so my dad got the title and gave it to mee =). Anyways i did some work Rear pads, Rotors, calipers and made my snorkel. And today i got my license and was driving it and going around a corner at a pretty low speed i could hear kinda like a mushing sound from my rear axle. I wasn't sure if it was the LSD and thats the noise its supposed to make, but im just checking.

Also when making a sharp corner it feels as if something in the Drivetrain in Binding up.

Any help is appreciated.

Max

Hey everyone, Im new here. I just got my pathfinder from my dads shop a few months ago. Somebody just left it there and said they didnt want it anymore. so my dad got the title and gave it to mee =). Anyways i did some work Rear pads, Rotors, calipers and made my snorkel. And today i got my license and was driving it and going around a corner at a pretty low speed i could hear kinda like a mushing sound from my rear axle. I wasn't sure if it was the LSD and thats the noise its supposed to make, but im just checking.

Also when making a sharp corner it feels as if something in the Drivetrain in Binding up.

Any help is appreciated.

Max

Had the same thing happen to me. Had to replace everything in the rear diff. Mine was LSD, too.

Try changing the gear oil and use a LSD approved additive to lessen the grip of the LSD. Of course, if you aim to go offroad, you'd probably want to leave it the way it is, cause a working LSD is a REAL nice thing to have off-road.

i could hear kinda like a mushing sound from my rear axle. I wasn't sure if it was the LSD and thats the noise its supposed to make, but im just checking.

My 95 with LSD does not make any sound at any time.

Not sure what you mean by binding up... Is it all the time, on the gas or off the gas?

My LSD will grab if I step on the gas before fully into the turn; I can feel it. If the road is wet and I floor it, I wind up spinning around all over the place, so I know it works, almost too well!! 88 is right, not as good as a locker, but far better than an open diff.

Like he said, replace the fluid and check the old. Any metal shavings or alarmingly large chunks? Use aproved GL-5(? double check on this) with LSD additive and see how it does. It should only be $15 max.

B

Oh, do you live in salt country? Make sure the drive train universals are ok and lube them if they have fittings.