95' Pathfinder Stock Alarm Question

Amin

Hello folks.

I have 95' Pathfinder with stock alarm system. I lost both of my remotes.

Called dealership and response was: $120 for remote, $100 for programming and more money for something else, totaling more that $300.

Audio/Alarm shop will install new mid range alarm/remote system for $200.

Both options are more than what I'm willing to spend.

I read that it's possible to reprogram those remotes on your own, but i couldn't find them anywhere on the web.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

Hello folks.

I have 95' Pathfinder with stock alarm system. I lost both of my remotes.

Called dealership and response was: $120 for remote, $100 for programming and more money for something else, totaling more that $300.

Audio/Alarm shop will install new mid range alarm/remote system for $200.

Both options are more than what I'm willing to spend.

I read that it's possible to reprogram those remotes on your own, but i couldn't find them anywhere on the web.

Any suggestion?

Thank you

yes, it is possible to program your own remote and you can get them on ebay fairly cheap (20ish?) (search for G57NTX318)

I forget the procedure but I'm sure it's here in the forums someplace.

yes, it is possible to program your own remote and you can get them on ebay fairly cheap (20ish?) (search for G57NTX318)

I forget the procedure but I'm sure it's here in the forums someplace.

Thank you, just did search and found a couple. Much better price :)

Set-up: Key out of ignition and driver's door open & unlocked & passenger's door closed and locked.

Procedure:

1. Insert key in ignition and remove.

2. Press the driver's MANUAL door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.

3. Close and open the driver's door.

4. Press the driver's MANUAL door lock switch, LOCK to UNLOCK, 5 times.

5. Insert key in ignition and turn ignition ON and OFF...

Once to add a new code.

Twice to rewrite over ALL previously stored codes.

Three times to confrim how many codes are stored in the ECU.

6. Remove teh key from ignition.

The car will now respond back the selected mode by automatically locking and unlocking the doors...

once to add a new code.

twice to rewrite over all previously stored codes.

one to four times (slowly) to show how many codes have been stored.

If the confirm mode was selected the process is complete. Otherewise:

7. Press the transmitter switch on the key for 1 second.

After the signal is received, the car will respond by automatically locking and unlocking the doors once.

8) Close & Open driver door

9) Press transmitter switch on the remote for more than 1 second

another reported method:

Get in the vehicle. Close and lock all doors utilizing the driver's power-door lock/unlock switch.

Insert and remove the ignition key more than six times within a 10-second period (at a rate of one

insertion/removal cycle per second). Don't rush the process, and be sure the key is completely

withdrawn from the ignition-key cylinder each time it's removed. Turn the ignition to the ACC

position and press any button on the remote one time. The hazard lights should flash twice,

letting you know your mission is a success. If you were going to program more than one remote,

you'd simply unlock and lock the doors once again with the driver's switch and press the one button,

one time, on the second remote. The procedure is completed by turning the ignition off, unlocking

with the driver's switch, and opening the driver's door.

another:

1. Slide the driver's seat back as far as it will go.

2. Pull up the carpet under the seat to expose the remote box.

3. On the top-center of the box, there is a button. Push and hold it for about three seconds. The alarm will burp and squeal and then beep once a second.

4. While the alarm is beeping, push the lock/unlock button on your key fob. The alarm should beep, acknowledging the acceptance of your remote.

5. If you have another remote to program, push the lock/unlock button on that key fob.

6. When your finished, put the key in the ignition, turn it to ON, and turn it off and remove it.

7. Try it out...it should now work! Good luck

Those Alarm guys sure played to many games with cheat codes to come up with those combinations :)

Thank you k9sar!

Ordering it, will try as soon as i receive it.

btw. the alarm is totally operable without the keyfob.

I know, i still have it on, just have to insert key into egnition after I open my door before it starts beeping :)

let us know which (if any or all) of the methods work. 88 had the instructions posted on his site but that got hacked and is no more. I thought I had the instructions in my FSM but couldn't quickly find them so I grabbed posts from one of my other forums. Can't guarantee which will work but people have reported success with each.

Good luck.

• 6 months later...

I tried all 3 and the last one was the only one that seemed to do anything. It beeped just as stated, then beeped to recognize my remote and nothing! :shrug: Natta works! I guess my alarm switch on the console is FUBAR! No matter what position the switch is in the light blinks fast and alarm does nothing! Trying to set the key fob was the only time Ive ever heard the alarm siren go off! ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT! :blink: