Front End Squeal

DucatiDom

As stated, squeal similar to brake squeal heard when I make left turns. Happens at any speed, and occasionally over bumps. Squeals with hubs locked in but not as bad. Any sugestions or ideas will be appreciated. I would like to fix it quickly, once. I dislike trial and error mechanics, makes me feel dumb each time at the parts counter....... nope wasn't that, here's more money.....

well, the dumb spending can be nipped in the bud if you actually would chase down the problem first instead of throwing $ at it.. good luck though and please update us with your solution.

Exactly why I'm asking, I don't want to replace things just to track down the cause. Don't mind spending if something unexpected comes up in the middle of a job, just not because I picked the wrong place to start. Thanks for the replies.

Check the muffler bearing. :ph33r:

On a more serious note, it could also be the plastic strut bearing located in the strut mount. Can you reproduce the squeal with the front end on jacks while a friend turns the wheel? I think that would be the best way to diagnose the prob.

Edited by blamtro