Point me in the right direction

Little Mule

I've been fixing up my 88 Pathy lately. I got two problems that I believe are separate problems.

1. My stock fog lamps don't work. I checked the bulbs and the fuse, and the wiring directly behind the fog lamps. They all seem to be in good shape. The fuse I checked was for "clearance illumination." Is that the correct fuse? Any ideas on what I need to do to solve this problem?

2. Similar problem with my stock back up lights. They don't come on when I switch into reverse. The bulbs look good. I know they are connected to the transmission, but I'm not sure which group of wires they are. I guess I should follow them to determine this and probably clean up the connection. Do they screw off of the tranny, or snap off, or what? Any other ideas on what it could be. Could it be something else?

Thanks for your input. :huh:

Masta Chilton say:

Reverse light switch located on transmission! Probably passenger side! Get under truck, unscrew switch! Unplug ONE wire! Not two, not three, ONE! Then put new switch in. Plug ONE wire back in. Reverse light now work.

For fog light: trace wire back to relay. Check relay! Should work PROPERLY for normal fog light function! Turn switch on, check for 12VDC+ at relay. Should be one on fulltime, one only on when switch is on! Just ONE on fulltime! If relay good, then check switch! If switch good, then check for different fuse? Go get masta another incense stick, grasshoppa.