Procomp Shocks - Received The Wrong Ones

flnl

Just received two rear Procomp shocks from the kit my brother-in-law bought to me, he sent the rear ones first...

I emailed him asking 914518 for the front, and 925500 for the rear, passed all instructions... he told me he had some trouble to buy online, then called 4WheelParts.com and bought by phone. He told me the guy from 4WheelParts said that the numbers where right, everything was fine....

But what I received has a tag saying "929500" and in the shock's body is written "92950 21095"... :wtf:

I just forgot to ask him "please check the part number before sending to Brazil"... he cut the tags from the boxes and put it together with the shocks, but DID NOT CHECKED IT :stickwack:

What can I do with these shocks???? :suicide:

They're the same as the 925500, but

compressed: 17.32 polegadas

extended: 29.83 polegadas

travel: 12.51 polegadas

Edited by flnl

I asked him to buy the 925500 'cause I plan to put longer coils and disconnect the rear swaybar, so the Path won't be stock for so long... as long as I find decent coils around here - JGC are not affordable, the only ones I found in a junkyard they asked $200 each, but maybe I know who fabs for stock Paths and maybe they can fab some for me, given the right specs. Or maybe I could find some from other truck that could give the amount of lift I want for a decent price...

As everyone uses to do a 3" susp lift, what were the issues you have doing 4.5" ? I think I saw a post saying you reallocated the lower link.

Any idea of the minimun amount of lift I need in order to use them?

Maybe it'l be better to sell them around here and buy the right PNs :shrug:

also,

wouldn't they bottom out when compressed?

or, I mean, won't the shocks became shot? Or the bump stops will be hitten before the shocks are bottom out?

Edited by flnl

Found someone selling these coils for $50, specs are:

wire diameter - 0.63 in

coil diameter - 5.71 in (external)

free length - 16.61 in (new is 17.12, but it's a bit sagged now)

The length is about the same, but I'm worried about the coil diameter and the wire diameter. Won't the coil be too much stiffer with 0.63 wire dia ? And will that bit higher coil diameter still fit fine?

• 4 weeks later...

"GOOD" news... I tried to put the front shocks in... but THEY DON'T FIT!!!! :wtf:

I've checked the PN, and it's 918510 instead of 914518!!!!! :shiftyeyes:

WHO WAS DRUNK??????????? :friday:

SOMEONE AT 4WHEELPARTS????? :ar15::friday:

or MY BROTHER-IN-LAW ???? :stickwack:

Edited by flnl

Is that too difficult to read the PN in an email??? I wrote 914518 and 925500.... :shrug:

Someone read 918510 and 929500... :puterpunch:

Edited by flnl