Thermostat

Lord_likuid

Whats up guys...

Hey i just have a litle problem with my engine temperature, it keeps getting really really hot to the point of smoke coming out. If i turn the heat on it goes away, thats why am thinking it could be the thermostat.

Now the big question is where the hell is it on top or the bottom of the engine block????

I dont want to take the wrong shi...... out, i just want to make sure.

Thanks

the t stat is actually bang smack int he middle of the engine (see pic below..black hose poking up is from t'stat housing).. behind the fan, t-belt, h2o pump .... have you tried "burping" your pathy? there is a little burper valve that you loosen (don't remove) .. let the truck get to working temp then open the breather. have the heater on while yer doing this.

the truck should run a steady 170 degrees....... how hot are we talking that yours actually runs?

PTHeadsIntakeOn2.jpg

Edited by Slick

the t stat is actually bang smack int he middle of the engine (see pic below..black hose poking up is from t'stat housing).. behind the fan, t-belt, h2o pump .... have you tried "burping" your pathy? there is a little burper valve that you loosen (don't remove) .. let the truck get to working temp then open the breather. have the heater on while yer doing this.

the truck should run a steady 170 degrees....... how hot are we talking that yours actually runs?

PTHeadsIntakeOn2.jpg

Well its on the maximum temp. probably arround 200 now are you sure its the same for a 2000 pathfinder, i know u have a 92 so i am not sure if they are the same... and what do u mean why burping?

ah, ok, you have a 2k.. but yes. if air gets into the rad then it will cause the truck to over heat as the collant can not flow properly to cool the engine.... and yes, you would still have to burp a 2k... i am not 100% sure if the buper is in the same place tho... anyone with a 2k n up pathy wanna chime in here?

if it is running 200 degrees oyu risk warping your heads if oyu continue to allow the truck to over heat that bad. aluminum heads have no tolerance to over heating....

Edited by Slick

After some work on it i got the thermostat on and everythings was working ok... until it got hot again, I notice that if in turn the AC on it gets worst, if i keep it off it goes away. I went to the car wash and spray water on the radiator... hopefully this will make it better because i am not sure what the hell can be then.

Yeah i was on the mud but that was like 2 weeks ago, I had some probles over heating while i was playing arround... so i went to a car wash and spray some water on the radiator and it went away until today. Now could that still happend even after two weeks.

Thanks guys apretiate ur help