Compatible Winches

Orangetang

The only requirement as far as winches is that it can't have the integrated solenoid. You need one that has a separate electrical box which can be mounted on top of the bumper or in the engine bay, but can't be permanently mounted on the winch. I've got a 9.5ti in mine with the integrated solenoid (has the "bridge" with all the electrical parts) in mine but I had to build an adapter plate and it still doesn't work as well as I'd hoped.

The main reason you need the non-integrated solenoid is the mounting holes for the winch are on the front of the bumper (vertical) where most winches mount flat. With the non integrated ones they can be clocked so the mounting holes face forward.

Bolt pattern is pretty standard with any brand winch. Just make sure the holes are 10"x4.5" apart.

• 2 weeks later...

Fine don't reply!

Only becuase I know I can return it in 3 years if it breaks, no questions asked, I bought the COSTCO Champion 9,500lb winch today. $399CAD... Install was a BITCH, but it fits the ARB, sans the bracket that holds the hood latch in place, which I just tilted diagonally, added a rubber bushing to the end of it and bolted it in TIGHT. Hood functions fine, and winch works well, but slow as all hell...

I imagine more than one person has wondered about the fitment of this style winch, and yes it fits, with 1" to spare between it and the AC condensor. Fairlead fits perfectly. No additional holes needed to be drilled. Used supplied nuts and bolts.

winch.jpg