New squeaking this morning

abomb1

On the way into work this morning I heard a new squeak that I haven't heard before. Only happened at lower speeds and rpms and seemed to disappear (not just drown out to engine/wind noise) at higher speeds and rpms. It really sounded like squeaky belts, but I just changed all 3 not even 2000 miles ago. My timing belt was changed about 40,000 miles ago and since I have a 94 I'm pretty sure I'm good for at least another 60,000 on that. I decided to stop and take a look under the hood but could not get it to make the noise while I was looking. Then after getting back on the road, I didn't hear the noise for the 20 more miles into work.

Was my Pathfinder just looking for some attention? :shrug:

Thought of one more thing since you said you just changed belts about 2,000 miles ago. If it sounds like belts I would guess they are slightly loose. When I put new belts on I've found I have to tighten them after they are "broken in." If you think that's what it is give them a slight adjustment...just not too tight as that can damage the bearings and whatever else in the parts they turn.

Could be. I'll take off the wheels tonight and look at the pads. My mind immediately went to thinking of this being something serious. Never even thought about the brakes.