3.5L Code Q

GrnMchn

My SES light was on since I bought the car so I pulled the codes for no signal from the 02 sensor and high voltage something or other. I replaced the bad 02 sensor and now I have 2 new codes P1130 & P0430. My mechanic said that the P0430 is a bad cat and the dealership should replace it under waranty.

The other code P1130 he said is becasue I drilled three 2" holes in the front of my airbox? He said it the vacum line in the back of the airbox needs to get vacum so it opens up a flap in the intake. He said there are three causes to that code and he tracked it down to the holes in the airbox. So my question is what do you do with this line if you have a real K&N intake? Also, is P1130 really due to lack of vacum?

I just want to get P1130 fixed so I can take my car to the dealer for a free new cat since my pathy's emissions system is still under warranty.

My SES light was on since I bought the car so I pulled the codes for no signal from the 02 sensor and high voltage something or other. I replaced the bad 02 sensor and now I have 2 new codes P1130 & P0430. My mechanic said that the P0430 is a bad cat and the dealership should replace it under waranty.

The other code P1130 he said is becasue I drilled three 2" holes in the front of my airbox? He said it the vacum line in the back of the airbox needs to get vacum so it opens up a flap in the intake. He said there are three causes to that code and he tracked it down to the holes in the airbox. So my question is what do you do with this line if you have a real K&N intake? Also, is P1130 really due to lack of vacum?

I just want to get P1130 fixed so I can take my car to the dealer for a free new cat since my pathy's emissions system is still under warranty.

According to the FSM, P1130 CAN be caused by an intake leak "between the intake manifold and the swirl control valve actuator". However there may also be issues with a solenoid or wiring, as suggested in the FSM.

You may want to download a free FSM from:

http://phatg20.net/modules.php?name=Downlo...download&cid=76

This will help you work on and diganose issues with your truck.

As for how the K&N routes required vacuum lines I'm not sure though I know some folks on this board do have K&N intakes so they could probably address that portion of your question.

Cheers