99.5 Gauge cluster

RowOSU

This has been a topic that seems to come up on other vehicle boards I am a member of, but is there any way to put the new(99.5+) gauge cluster into the 96-99? i.e. will it plug directly in, or is a wire splice necessary? Furthermore, is there any way to crank up the miles on a digital odo so they match the miles on my analog?

thanks!

what are the other boards saying???

otherwise youve got the chance to do some pioneering work B)

i would go about it by firstly looking at the back of both of them, see if they are the same with the same plugs then see what wires lie where, a electical diagram would definetly help

sorry not much help :blink:

Well unfortunately the other boards were for my other car... I have done a cluster swap before (75 camaro) but never on one so new. I would love to have the white face gauges that came with the newer models, so I will give it a shot, and let you know the results. Looks like its time for the haynes schematics.........

I would love to have the white face gauges that came with the newer models

dito, im about half way through modifing my existing instrament cluster (well i wanted black with white numbering to which im adding blue leds, it was standard with black & orange numbering). Very Very ricey............ but hay ive always wanted white numbering with blue back lighting

ive come up with a design im happy with and have done the speedo side of things when ive got some more spare time i will do the tacho side & then post some pics

have you thought of modifing you existing instrament cluster?

yea, I have considered that. I was looking at the faces offered by Import Intelligence, kinda plain, but apparantly fit pretty well. I also saw a website on making your own faces, will look into that too. I was just asking about the newer cluster because the guy who is selling me my tail lights said he would throw it in for free. When i get it I will check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iLUVmySH
hehe

this is what i did

:D

you should try this.. get a brighter led or bulb or what not and put some cotton balls (spaced out) around the back of the gauge.. it will help disperse the light better