Wiring Fog Lights

My 02' came without foglamps, but the two factory connectors are hanging down where the lamps would be, and the relay box has a spot for the fog relay (i currently have the lamps wired through this).

Now for my questions...

1) Did the pathfinders with fogs have a switch in the dash, or were the lights always on if the lowbeams were on?

2) If there is a switch, does the harness behind the dash have a connector that is waiting for a switch?

I'm basically wondering if I can just use the plug and play factory wiring if I grab a relay and a switch for the dash.

If this is the case, does nissan supply the switches on their own? or what I need... etc.

there is a switch for the fog lights on the stalk with the headlights/turn signals.

I don't have that.... Nobody has a toggle below the CD player or on the left side next to the mirror adjustment (like on Tacomas)? I suppose I can use an aftermarket switch, I just dislike things that don't look like they belong.

I bought some el-cheapo fogs from princess auto just to experiment with.

post-7-1176163778.jpg

Edited by Orangetang

My 2003 Pathfinder has factory fog lights built in to the bumper. There is a rotating switch on the turn signal post, where the light switch is also located. It should be inside the regular light switch. I just cut the wires to the factory lights and wired the new ones in. Worked perfectly.

I should take a pic instead of explaining this but....

My lever has 4 positions; Off, Auto, Parking and Lights on (bulb with arrows pointing down, diagonally). Is the final position the one you explained, or is there one more, that I don't have. ALSO, is the fog light relay in the driver's box the same as the headlights, and tail lights?

The fog light switch isnt part of the headlight switch, its located on the same stalk, but as a seperate turning dealy switch. It should all be prewired, you should just be able to go to the dealer, or a Junkyard, fine the stalk with the right switches and plug it in.

Installed a generic steel toggle switch next to my dimmer switch, and wired it to a relay which I managed to fit inside the passanger side fusebox. Power for the relay comes from the IGN 7.5A inside the vehicle and the lead from the battery is not even a foot. All works well, and I can't forget leaving the lights on since the relay is on the Ignitiion circuit.

Now that I have this figured out, I might need to spend some money on some decent bush ligths... I'm leaning towards the 130w KC Slimlights... Any input?

Currently have some Q4509 aircraft landing lights wired in... 160,000cp each at only 100w. I think the KCs would be about 4 times as bright and the longevity wouldn't even be compable.

Edited by Orangetang