HELP!

barthel

i'd try things until it reached the point that i accidentally screwed it up...i really thing the drilling and chiseling will make it come out eventually...just dont scar up the taper...or once you take it off go to a machine shop and they should be able to press it out for like $5 or if theres something like a northern tool go see if u can "test" the press before u buy it

Guest SuperSon

One trick I learned when doing my uca is tap the top part of the knuckle with a brass bar .

balljoint.jpg

Edited by SuperSon

That's what I was telling him to do, though, sans brass bar. It's not necessary, as the knuckle is cast......you're not going to hurt it.

Point well taken!

It should come off today and I'll beat the piss out of it until it either comes out, or messes up the knuckle.

Thanks again for all your help, sometimes I guess I just lose sight of the prize. :D

Yeah....worst case, you've already figured you need a knuckle, so if somehow you DO break it, no real loss. But I've beat the hell out of mine getting a ball joint out with no ill effects.

Guest SuperSon
That's what I was telling him to do, though, sans brass bar. It's not necessary, as the knuckle is cast......you're not going to hurt it.

didnt see that post :hide: