Tire Inflation

Grumpy

Air is a fluid ha? Now I have heard everything. lol I wasn't a big fan of chem but must've slept through physics...

As to the chalk test: it works great only if your allignement is good. Of course that will show if it isn't right. I've used the chalk test for checking allignement for years.

With higher tire pressure you get better MPGs too. For offroading lower it a bit for more surface area exposure - more traction. way lower for sand...

Not trying to step on any toes, but I'm thinking you're using the wrong thought process here. If you have, say, 2 31" tires at the same pressure, 1 at 10.5 inches wide and 1 at 13 inches, the wider one would have the bigger footprint since its length is the same and width is wider, and this would carry over if pressure is lowered or raised. Anyways, how did we all get here? The topic was preferred pressure, and I do believe I'm supposed to be the one that gets off topic easily. :P

Heh, no bruised toes here.

But I am using the right thought process. In your example the 13 inch tire would have a wider footprint but the length would be shorter.

Trust me on this one, it is a law of physics.