exhaust pipe fell off yesterday-YAY

ticker

i had dynomax superturbo purchased from summit for bout 50 bucks installed at a mineke for 120 cash did a great job wiht the 2in muffler 2.25in piping. Each places work reflects the owner/mechanic so can't say all midas or mineke are bad. this guy does all the local ricers cars and does nice work. My dynomax super turbo isn't loud at all nice deep tone when warmed up when cold sounds quiet as stock. I'd highly recommend it not tinny at all. Any straight through muffler aka magnaflow will be loud. I think most big name companies make this style of muffler i know dynomax does but not sure what the model that is. Super turbo flows and is known to be cheap/quiet. 2 thins i was looking for. Good luck.

Scott

I had the hanger moved today so it's now welded to the frame. This has decreased the amount of vibration and the in cabin noise dramatically. The muffler has mellowed out a bit after the first caouple of days and It really does have a nice sound to it. Unfortunately the ass monkeys at this particular meineke are useless as well as sloppy. I explained both the hanger being welded to the safety loop and the way the bump stop hits it this morning. When I was describing the way the axle hits the exhaust the manager said, " so it rattles", I said no there is no rattle just a giant thud when the axle hits the exhaust when I go over a large bump. It has actually put a gash into the exhaust pipe. I swear, in response he said, " ok, it rattles". I patiently described it again and asked if they could relocate it. To which I was tols that it wouldn't be a problem. After I picked it up I drove it back to work before I thought to check anything. I looked underneath and sure enough nothing had been done to move the exhaust. Besides the fact that they did a half ass job in the first place, I'm annoyed because now I have to take it back again and not once did anyone offer any type of apology or regret at their poor craftsmanship. I'm also a bit sketched at this point about the quality of the other work done. No more chain muffler shops after this. :oops:

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggg. i JUST DROPPED OF THE PATHY FOR THE THIRD TIME. THE GUY HAS THE BALLS TO TELL ME THAT IT'S NOT THE WAY THE EXHAUST WAS INSTALLED ITS THAT MY SHOCKS ARE BLOWN! I tell him, yeah I know but still if the pipe wasn't above the bump stop then it wouldn't matter. "I said what if I was off road or something, At full flex even with good shocks it would still hit." So he agrees to try to do something with it. I have a bad feeling about this. I know he doesn't want to fix it because it basically has to be redone. If its not fixed today I'm taking it to another muffler shop(what I should have done first) having it done and will try to get the original shop to foot the bill. -argue- -argue- -argue- -argue- -argue- -argue-

Well I'm sure anyone that's followed this is as sick as I am of this topic. I picked the pathy up today and instead of removing and re bending the exhaust which I realize would have been expensive and difficult, it looks like they heated it up and squeezed it so that the offending bump stop would not hit the pipe but just barely. They also added another hanger at the tail pipe which is keeping the exhaust from banging around. I'm not thrilled with the fix but I'm definitely not going back there anymore. When I have time I'm going to go to another shop that's been recommended to me and have them look at the exhaust to see whether or not it looks right. In the mean time I'm going to write meineke a letter and talk to my credit card company to see if I have any recourse for charging back the labor I paid to have this half ass job done.