transmission help

adahy22

ok so i also find a leak between the engine and tranny or torque converter

well in that general area

and i also have a pic with the catalic converter is just laying on the frame very weird

so i hope this will help

here they are

first 2 of the exhaust laying on the frame then the rest of where the leak is

dsc00312bb1.th.jpg

dsc00320ji0.th.jpg

dsc00314gw2.th.jpg

dsc00315wy1.th.jpg

dsc00314bk8.th.jpg

dsc00328ve8.th.jpg

hope this help will try to get better ones tommorow

thanks

the leak is at the end of the big metal bar you can see it really shiny from oil but my main concern is that exhaust just laying there

Edited by adahy22

hahaha i guess everyone has gave up on me.

i have maybe some more clues to this problems so you can help!!!!!!!!!!!

the grinning or rumble is only happening while in OD and in 4th gear.

if i let leave it off it don t happen so i assume it s something in 4th or OD which is similar

so what can i do or tell my mechanic to do ??

most of you say the torque converter but if it was that it will be in all gears right !?!!

i was thinking maybe just drive it till it blows up (sad to say)and then put new tranny what is the average price for tranny BTW???

should i change the filter and flush it out still right

then get the external cooling system or it s not worth it since i will probably have to get a new tranny ?

or is this a major problems or can be fixed by doing some simple stuff??

BTW i put some lucas transmission fluid in it and i noticed it was runnibg soother but the problem with 4th is still there.

simple but stupid question ,how can you tell if your tranny is heating up or running really hot because i have some weird smell coming from (where the hand brake is )i stick my nose there and is a weird smell ckeck for leak but don t see any .

it s seems that is coming from inside the exhaust.

another question can the exhaust manifold problems cause major problems or can it be leaking out that smell which if i open the hood i don t smell it so it s definetly coming form the tranny area

thanks so much if you answer this ,i really need advice and ideas before getting screwed by people

:help:

• 4 weeks later...

ok so i went to my mechanic and he flush it out drop the pan and everything was good ,no metal clean as it can be.

he fill it with dexron 3 i think .

he say it might be the overdrive selinoid or some silinoid in there .

anyways i did what you suggest and still didn t find the problems.

while driving something i hit the gas quick and release and it feel like a big bang ,kind like a motor mount problem but is not i think since it don t do it of a takeoff.

the grinding or noise only while in OD and will grind as soon as i reach the 4th gear no matter what speed but once i hit the gas he gets out of the grinding and goes on fine.

any ideas???

thanks

yes the brackets were broken so i replace then hoping it will fix the grinding but didn t

what should be my next step since i change the fluid and everything was clean.

he say the overdrive selinoid might be lose ?

thanks

like i say i got new brackets and i think it s not hitting anymore

so what it could be in the tranny making it do that.

i was thinking of just drive it since it really don t give me a hard time just grinds in 4th gear then once i hit the gas it goes away until i drop back down in 3rd and go back and so on .then just get a new tranny once it goes out

i just don t want to spend money on trying to find the problems when i can just put that money in a new tranny

what do you think ??