12V Constant Power Source

KevinKernaghan

I need to find a constant 12V power supply under the center of the dash behind the radio somewhere, to splice in some units for satellite radio. The cigarette lighter, apparently, isn't of this type. Anyone have any ideas? I guess if nothing else, I can do an add-a-fuse on the fuse panel...let me know if you have any suggestions!

Kevin

I routed mine throught the firewall and attatched it to the fog light relay. I'm sure there is an easier way to wire it IN the cabin. I don't reccomend wiring it to the cigarette lighter since that fuse tends to enjoy blowing.

one of the wires for you main stereo head unit is a constant 12v i'm sure if you look in the owners manual for the stereo it'l say waht color it is of the wires powering the headunit. i'd splice it off of there

I've got it, for now, running off of an add-a-fuse going into my dome light section in the fuse panel. It takes really minimal power to keep the memory active, so I don't think I should run into much trouble, but it does bug me that I had to go to this much trouble already. Oh well...it works!

The reason I was asking is because I have serius and it's just plugged into the cig lighter and the thing doesn't lose memory....the stations automatically reload every time I turn it on via satellite.... once I program something into it it stays until I delete it...:shrug:

Edited by govols74n