Bull Bar/Bumper

squam1

I am tyring to make up my mind what is going on the truck next - I'm about 80% done with wiring up the lights on my safari rack ( 3 Hella 500's and 2 Hella FF50s)...

I may be getting the green light from the Mrs. for a bull bar bumper! (b-day and father's day gift perhaps). Question is this: will the tjm bumpers that fit 96-99 pathys fit my 02 or not? I haven't placed a call to TJM as yet, but I've sent emails to a number of TJM retailers, such as AC, without any response. I wouldn't buy from AC, but I figured they might answer the email... perhaps I should post something on their board to get a response...

Folks - any thoughts on fitment? I don't want to shell out $1000+ for the arb sahara bumper - the extra cash could be spent on other things, like lift and/or wheels and tires!

I don't know for sure, but I'd bet that the bull bar from the 96-99's wouldn't fit your year. The front end designs are different, and I'd bet that the mounting bolt holes would be just different enough to make it not work. But you've got to admit, the bull bar for the 99.5+ looks awesome, I like it better than the one that would fit my pathy. Too bad its so pricey :rolleyes:

I agree, it looks good. But on the other hand, if I could get the tjm t17 bumper for 400 bucks - I could get the lift kit with shocks/struts/etc for the remaing 600 bones! If nothing is available, I'll go with the ARB sahara and save up for the lift.

looks as though the ARB sahara bumper is my only option at this point... guess I need to make up my mind as to whether I'm gonna go for a lift kit or bumper at this point. I'm thinking lift kit...

A lift kit would probably be a good idea before the bull bar. You would save some money that could be put towards something else, and it would definitely add capability to your truck. I'm assuming you plan to add a winch to the bumper when you decide to get it? cant go wrong there, but generally, most people would get a lift and some tires before something like a winch, and go from there to determine what is needed in terms of off road capability ;)