Ok, Ok

nige

alright, gas just hit 89 cents a litre here, and i've been driving with a manifold leak for like 1 season. The exhuast temperature sensor by the manifold has to be replaced (i read the code). The milage this truck is getting is dismal and i know it's the O2 sensor's fault. Now since the manifold has a leak, i was wondering if this could be the cause/effect of the O2 sensor. I don't have enough cash to fix the manifold, but I can afford the new O2 sensor. I'm wondering if the leak in the manifold will cause this new sensor to burn out just like the old one... I'll have to replace the manifold at the end of the summer because of the anti-pollution tests, our wonderful country has, so i'd like to know if either of these problems are related to each other??

160 k km's or 100 k miles. No replacement yet. I've owned it for 60 000 km's and the manifold went about 130 000 km's. It's nothing really loud, just a soft hissing noise when the hood's up. It goes away as the engine warms, so i know it's nothing MAJOR requiring immediate repair. The milage gets dismal when i put the boat on the back too...