funny idle

Adam

so i got my maf bored about .225 over, and after installing it, my idle has been funny... it used to do this just randomly sometimes, but not too often... reminds me of a old friend of mine, he hogged out his maf on his civic, and got the same idle issue, though his was smoother... its really lumpy, it bounces about 50-100 rpm, in a rhythmic pattern for about a 2 seconds, then steadies, then does it again, over and over... off idle its fine, and the gains from just having the maf bored are definately more than noticeable, but i don't know what to do about this weird idle... anyone else get their maf bored and experience this? or fix it even? thanks in advance, this place is great

What year and engine?

its a 90 with the original engine as far as i can tell

Maybe disconnect the battery and reset the computer? The ECM in my old Camaro worked that way.

i'll give that a shot

Edited by Adam

did 2 things, reset the computer, and pulled the mesh screen out of my old maf and put it in the new one... it doesn't lope nearly as bad now, its not doing the 50-100 rpm changes, its more like 10-20rpm changes now, much more manageable, as the 50-100 rpm changes would actually make the vehicle surge when i was stopped at lights etc...