1995 Pathfinder SE-V6

So I was driving around the other night through car dealers here in Boise, and I found a 1995 Pathfinder SE-V6, 130k miles, 5spd, with LSD. It is a little rough cosmetically, but ZERO rust, bumpers were dented but I have a extra set of front & rear so no problems there, and it needs a very good bath.

Problem issue #1 is that the fog lamps dont work. I did check the bulbs to make sure they were not burned out. On the center console the fog lamp indicator does light up so not quite sure??

#2 The cruise control does not work either. I checked all the fuses but they are fine, so no idea there either?

#3 The tach doesnt work, it starts off at 1000 rmp, and the longer I drive, it gradually moves up, but will not recognize engine speed increases. What could that be?

#4 This one has me the most concerned, the clutch or transmission makes a wierd kinda buzzing sound in 1st,2nd, and 3rd gears. The clutch seems to be fine, it sounds almost like when a car is reversing, that sound. But it remains all through the first 3 gears. It drives fine, and the transfer case works perfectly, just a weird sound. Should I be worried, or have a transmission shop take a look at it.

I feel like I got a steal on this PF. A 1995 SE, for $2450.00, black, grey interior, brand new tires 31/10.50/15, and a new Kenwood MP3/CD/AM-FM. and no body damage or rust. Its just these little things that need to be fixed to make it a KILLER deal.

Thanks guys for any help or advise. Oh ya, this will be my 9th Pathfinder, I am such a freak!

The first three things just need replacement. The fogs may need a new relay, cruise is something you can live without?, and the tach, youll need a new cluster. The trans doesnt sound good however, are you sure its coming from the trans and not the cv's?

BTW, your teams statue of liberty play was unreal, and if our Gators beat the U, boise state "should" be number one by doing the math...

You might want to check out this sticky:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2621

"Buzzing" or "Whine" in 1st-4th gears is not good on any pathy over 100K. Check the pass. side of the trans gearbox to see if it has a raised fill plug, if not, could be a sign of something bad coming on! The sticky explains everything very clearly.

There is a fuse for the fogs on the passenger side under the hood behind the battery. I had the same problem. Put new bulbs in and everything.

The Tach could be the cluster. I know on the volvo I have, the tach doesn't move sometimes and it causes a squeel (like a belt squeel) but does move as the engine gets to about 2500 rpm's. Maybe the same thing? Cable???

I have problems with my cruise also. Sometimes the button on the steering wheel works and sometimes it doesn't Also, sometimes the cruise light in the cluster will start blinking if I try to engage it, so I shut cruise off, turn it back on and them I'm ok.

The trans I can't help you with. Maybe it needs a flush. But probably a more serious problem.

Well, Lets say it seems highly suspicious, I would suggest you have the trans checked by someone that really knows manual transmissions and that you can depend on before I'd drop any money on that one. If it is the trans, you might still be able to cut a deal if they're will to negotiate.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually that's a fairly good price, most of the cost is labor anyway. Tell em you'll take it minus $1400, pull the trans yourself, and have it bench rebuilt, could save a good chuck of change if you were able to do that. Did you verify if the case had the updated mod. for the filler hole location? Wouldn't be worth putting any money into it if that wasn't done.