Rear End Vibration

Pathfinder_Rookie

Sorry about the redundancy but I originally had this posted in the R50 forum, but I haven’t received a reply as of yet.

A little more to my issue: I have been having issues with vibrations in the rear of my pathy for a while now. When I had it up, and supported it by the axle, their was an abnormal vibration when allowed to spin freely in drive. I took it to a buddies shop and had my aluminum wheels cleaned and balanced, one wheel was extremely difficult to balance, and had a visible sway to it on the balancer. When taken for a test drive my problem was still there. Thinking it was the ‘warped’ wheel, I lived with it till I put on my 31’s with new rims. But my problem still continues. There is a slight play with my axle bearing, but I don’t see this causing me a vibration at around 95 and 120km/h. My current tires are balanced, and their no visible defects on the tires. I have recently noticed that the rim/tire on the side with the bearing play, seems to be warped, I had this look at and the rim is fine. Is their anything else I need to check or test before I replace the bearing, cause its not cheep and its an involved job, and I cant be without wheels.

Below is my previous post.

“Hey guy I have to replace my rear wheel bearings on one side of my truck. I have called around for the parts and im getting a really steep price for the bearings and seals, $220 my cost taxes in. I was wondering if anyone has an old bearing and/or seal that’s kicking around that has a number still legible on it. I want to see if I can get it through the bearing shop. Also does anyone have pics of the rear hub apart; because the exploded diagram is showing me a sealed ball bearing type, this seem wrong to me, and the shop books call for 2 bearing and 2 seals. Id take it apart to see but I have no other wheels, and my shop is 50km from town. Any information in this regard would be grateful. Thanks. And Happy New Year to everyone on here.”

P. Rookie