Tips on aligning body?!?!

LD50

got the 3" lift blocks in there... but unfortunately the drivers side is about an inch too far, it needs to move towards the passenger side.

Any tips that can help me get this aligned tonight? :wacko::wacko:

Edited by LD50

• 6 months later...
Ok I got it with alot of prying. P...

*BUMP*

I had a huge issue with the body moving too,

after lifting and placing mounts, realized that only 1 driver side bolts could go,

Pass. side was gone to China...

Luckily I have a '96 F250 with a dump box and heavy duty tailgate.

Took a long 2x4 placed it against the firewall of the pathy and backed the ford up to the otherend of the 2x4,

Took the "come along" or if you prefer "chainfile" and attached one end to the center of the Fords rear bumper, and the other end attached to the pass. side "tow hook" on the pathy.

A couple of pulls with the come along and the body shifted to exactly where i needed it to go.

I'm sure there are more professional ways of doing it, but sometimes you have to make due with what you have.

Thought I'd share, This seems to be a common problem

Edited by SkotZ

That's why before putting any blocks in, remove the rearmost bolts and replace with the longer ones for the body lift. That way, the body stays aligned while jacking the truck up, and you can get the blocks/bolts in easily. Remember to lift, and insert blocks on one side at a time. Once the front 8 blocks are in, remove the rear bolts again, slide in the blocks and reinstall the bolts. :aok:

That's why before putting any blocks in, remove the rearmost bolts and replace with the longer ones for the body lift. That way, the body stays aligned while jacking the truck up, and you can get the blocks/bolts in easily. Remember to lift, and insert blocks on one side at a time. Once the front 8 blocks are in, remove the rear bolts again, slide in the blocks and reinstall the bolts. :aok:

Had I have known that,

It would have saved me a load of trouble,

But again,

Got the lift VIA Fed Ex, went right at it ASAP.

I know myself, I have less then few patience, so taking a break from the truck to come sit down on the computer to spend who knows how long to find a solution... I could have it all said and done and looking for something else to break in the meantime.