service engine soon light on...

pvpathy

Hi

My truck decided to throw both of these codes at once tonight....Code 158 (post converter oxy sensor maximum voltage fault)and a 325 (knock sensor or circuit fault)

Any idea where to start?Seems to run fine though....

Steve

Hi,Thanks for the replies guys....Got a more specific description of the code that says Bank 2 sensor 2...I know thats the rear sensor but driver or passenger side?

I tested both of them and the passenger side signal voltage varies wildly while the drivers side is steady and within range.From what I'm finding the trouble code should be coming from the drivers side sensor??

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't recommend using the Bosch sensors. Nissans are EXTREMELY picky when it comes to sensors and the Nissan ECM seems to prefer getting data from a Nissan OE Part. I tried the Bosch sensors on my truck and it kinda fixed it but I still got crummy mileage. After replacing them with Nissan sensors, I'm up to 18.5mpg highway with 32s. :o

The Nissan ECM wants to see the data in a sine wave format, the Bosch sensors only put it out in a box wave. As in everything else, you get what you pay for. Go with Nissan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy revived thread batman.

OK, so I threw a 158 code as well. Looked up the TSB for it, which says for VIN 350001 and UP, replace sensor and reprogram ECM. My VIN is 322227, so reprogramming doesn't apply. But the TSB doesn't say what to do on non-reprogram ECM, just says they can't be.

So my question is: If I replace the 02 sensor and clear the MIL/SES code, should that fix it?

As an aside, since I had such a hard time figuring out which was which: For the R50 Oxygen Sensors

Bank 1 Sensor 1 is pre-cat passenger side

Bank 1 Sensor 2 is post-cat passenger side

Bank 2 Sensor 1 is pre-cat driver's side

Bank 2 Sensor 2 is post-cat driver's side

All fixed.

I got the new O2 sensor in the mail yesterday. So I replaced it this morning. Plugged in the OBD scanner, cleared the code, ran my errands, then did an I/M monitor...everything checked OK.