Edmonton Meet

Evan

Fellow Edmontonians/Northern ALbertan's,

I want to meet some other like minded peoples to meet up and talk shop about pathy's with. We can either meet in town for a drink or head out for a day of wheeling locally and then go for a bevvie or two.

I'm thinking sometime in early january on friday jan 6 or saturday the 7th. Post up your ideas for places to meet and or wheel locally (within 1 hr for wheeling).

If anyone from other locales want to make the drive feel free!!

Cheers,

Evan.

Depending on where you would want to meet up, I may be in... no wheeling for me until spring though (pathy not insured for driving, need to install a few things, etc)

Mookie, is the jamboree around Calgary? I hope to be working down that way starting in may, I'll be sure to come if I can!

umm lets see

i think i am coming back on the 7th.. may make it the sixth if this is a for sure thing

btw im not of legal age for drinking

but it should be wheel then drink

not drink then wheel

unless by drink you mean pizza

and by pizza you mean your paying

and by your paying you also mean your pulling me out

and by pulling me out i would like to bring up the question of where to wheel??

Sounds like a good idea! Though some of us gotta work on Friday, so the Saturday would be best for me.

As for where to wheel. . .

Closer to home there is the OHV area north of Bruderheim (Beaverhill Creek) that I've winter-wheeled in before. Some great trails, though some may be a little tight. And at least one rig with a winch would be a good call, some steep hills there if you want them!

If you want a longer drive, the Sandhills OHV area near Vega up north of Barrhead on the north side of the Athabasca river is an ideal place ('bout an hour and a half from Edmonton).

Further still, there's some good winter driving near Long Lake Provincial Park south of Boyle, but that's like 2 hours to get there and we'd need a good cold snap to make sure all the skeg was frozen up.

We're going to need an Edmonton Pathy club at this rate!

Someone with a winch would be great, I'd love to say that I'll have mine by then, but I'd be lying. The Bruderheim area is only about 45 min max out of the city, and the long lake area about 1 hr 15 min. I'd be down for either of those.

We can make it the following weekend if anyone is interested, I was just picking random dates. If we meet up to go wheeling, it will be weather dependent (last thing we need is someone breaking down or getting a long stuck at -30 with a high windchill).

I'd love to get out and do some wheeling, so my vote is to make this a wheeling trip, and if things work out better at the time approaches to make it a bevie/food thing only, then I'd still love to meet up with people.

We should probably organize our rides (features and capabilities). And last time I checked most Pathy's were 4 seaters, so anyone that doesn't have a rig and still wants to come is more than welcome to hop in with me.

I have an 87 lifted 6 inches (t bar and JGC springs, 3" body), 33x10.5x15 BFG MT's, Tow points front and rear, hi lift, shovel, 20' of chain and 20' of tow strap, and a few other goodies. Everyone is welcome, from Stock to Shock, we'll pick our terrain based on the turnout.

For the Record, I'll split any pizza equally with those who participate, but I'll also order (not pay for) jugs of beer and enough glasses for everyone that LOOKS of age. And I did say eith for drinks OR wheeling and then a few drinks.

Cheers everyone.

Evan

haha ye i was just joking about the pizza part i pay my own way

thats the way i was raised

love it and hate it

but im still trying to find out about that other pathy, kinda making me angry.

i guess i would need to add that i am pretty much bone stock, but i do have experience quadding, so i know how to find a line and stick to it

i dont drink beer anyways. im more of a rum kind of guy

i do have my front tow point, but i am unsure of a rear tow point.. artic mark was saying something about somewhere on the frame to tow from

Yeah, any weekend in Jan sounds good. Though I got a NA4WDA trip out to the customer apreciation day at Alberta 4WD Safari Park on one weekend in Jan. Not sure which.

Anyways, for the record:

94 SE V6 auto trany, 3" Calmini suspension lift, Rear swaybar disconects, Safari snorkel, 31x10.5x15 Baja Widetrack MTs, front and rear tow points (clevis shackles thru the frame plus stock tow hook), shovel, hi-lift, hi-lift come-along kit, 25" transport chain, 30" ProComp recovery strap, set of 4 31" snow chains, Uniden CB and Motorola FRS, Lab-Collie cross called Molly, plus a whole bunch of tools, spares, emergency stuff etc etc.

But hey, don't need all that if were only getting the bevies in.

Long Lake may be a good call, depends how deep the snow gets.

Edited by arctic_mark

We need to plan a run for spring too. The lift goes on end of jan. (if all goes as planned) and then I'll order some wheels and throw some tires on. Can't wait to get back in the drivers seat.

I set up the christmas lights tonight in that wind/snowstorm... it was chilly.

Edited by LD50

Saturday or Sunday's good. But if we go wheeling, we're going to have to pick our trails well. This weekend I tried running a short trail near my house with a couple of guys driving CJs on 35" rubber.

We got 100m before turning round. :blink:

Some major stucks in 2+ feet of snow, though my Pathy with the full set of chains on did better than the big Jeeps :takebow:

Still it was a good 2 hours to go the 100m in and then back again, a heck of a lot of winching for the rigs without chains too. Unless it's a well packed trail wide enough for Pathy, or the snow is less than a foot deep I'd say, based on yesterday, chains required, winch a very good idea, and lockers front and back desireable! ANd I only got the first of those three.

If it's going to be sunday let it be sunday the 7th (sorry about the days mentioned above, my bad for looking at the 2006 calender) P...

Day run out to Long lake, unless the snow is too deep, in which case we should probably just meet for food and bevies. We'll make the call on the wheeling a little closer to the date, and if someone is out there before hand they can let us know the general conditions.

Cheers,

Evan.

• 2 weeks later...

So is anyone up for something this weekend? The weather looks like It's going to be great, we should head out and do some wheeling. We can meet at the Sherwood Park Tim Hortons on Broadmoor BLVD and Hwy 16 (right by the flying J's). Meet at 9:00 am, and head out towards Long Lake from there.

Cheers,

Evan.

Man, I'd love to come, but am pretty darned broke after Christmas! And not sure if I can justify to the wife the cash for gas!!!

Anyway, FYI, the Alberta 4x4 Safari Park are having their customer apreciation day on Jan 20th. So if you've gone and purchased anything from them or from Detail Plus Tires in Edmonton (including one of the Tough Truck Chalange DVDs on the day) you get to drive there for free, otherwise it's about $50

The park is a pretty neat place out by North Cooking Lakes. I'm heading out there on the 20th with the NA4WDA guys so if you're interested give me a shout.

Mark