Door lock actuator replacement

findmypath

Hi everyone,

I have a 03 LE and recently the front driver's door lock isn't opening up with the first, or second, or third press of the button on the remote. So...I was thinking to open the door panel and see if I can "grease" something up but I've been told there is nothing to grease up since there are only actuators in the door. I'm trying to get a final opinion whether it is the actuator or not that is causing the lock to open after like 4 clicks...????

Please give me some kind of advice.

Much thanks.

I replaced the batteries already but that didn't help. I didn't check how the lock unlocks from the inside but I have a feeling its the same thing as with the remote. But its worth a try. I'm open to further suggestions ...if there are any. :blink:

I don't know about the '03s, but I had to disassemble one of mine because the stupid thing would only lock and not unlock. Turned out to be a pin inside slipped and prevented it from functioning properly, that pin was the culprit the first time, a smidgen of silicone to keep the retainer in place has seemed to solve the problem. I said SMIDGEN not GOBS. Lil' dab'l do ya! :beer: