L&P Stage 3 Steering

wheel366

So, I saw my truck yesterday. The steering kit is on. They said that they had the hardest time getting the bolt off for the pitman arm and then they couldn't get the pitman arm istelf off. They had to borrow an impack wrench from a trucking company. So, now it is all installed and aligned. Now, I am waiting for the relocation/bypass filter kit to be installed and for them to find the source of the misfire. Getting there!

Fortunately, I did the pitman arm right after I finished pulling the one off my nephew's F-350, and still had all the mondo pulling tools on hand. Compared to THAT, the Pathy pitman almost fell off. It maybe took 300 lb ft of torque versus "I am scared to estimate what it took" on the truck.. But I would say it still was the most difficult part of the L&P install.

The rest was pretty straightforward.

Oh man, I can't wait. I'll take pics of the oil filter kit when I get it back. Next, is the body lift. But I'll wait till after the winter now, I guess. Both my vehicles are in the shop, so I'm stuck driving around an 84 240 diesel Volvo. Man, that car is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. But it gets good gas mileage.

I called Calmini to see of their tie rods would work with a stock steering system and they said no :-( I was hoping that they would. Oh well, can't have everything.