LSV adjusting

MichiganAve

I found this wonderful diagram from the FSM about the LSV:

I am trying to figure out how to adjust however for 5" rear lift. I figure the options are either make a drop bracket for the LSV or just adjust it to max all the time. Max all the time could theoretically cause lock-up, however by the time I get the front bumper, rear bumper, sliders, skids, stereo, 33s, etc all on there I'll be about 700lb over stock and may need the compensation ;-) It seems like I want to stretch it out fully to set it to max? But won't lifting it that much actually cause stretch just like if I were sagging from stock height? Anybody done this before? Thanks!

Well, have you tried to get it into adjustment with the lift? All you need is a ruler and a wrench. Try to get it into adjustment befor you just put it one way or the other. I got mine into spec fine with just the 2"lift and it looked to have plenty more adjustment left. If you didnt have enough, try enlongating the long hole on the bracket or making a extension on the bracket. Im having trouble remembering how exactly it looks. But I dont think that locking up would be your problem. It is going to think that your rear is alot lighter than it needs to be unless you adjust it to the max all the way the other way and if that were the case than you should have been able to get it into spec.

Its really easy to do but a extra set of hands would make it a really quick job. I did it by myself and it just seems like you need 3 hands for the adjustment procedure even though its real strait forward. The best thing that I think you can do is if you have to do it yourself is to try to keep the retaiining nut a with a lettle tension on it so your bracket will stay in place but you can move it if you need to with your hand to get it into adjustment.

If this sounds like a bunch of rambling, just lmk cuz i havent gotten any sleep for a little while. No reason, just enjoying my time off work but Im bout to hit the hay right now! :bed: Hope I could help