need help

mattd123

well here is the deal... my car budget is about 7 cents right now with college. but im hoping to make due. when i turn the steering wheel it feels hard to turn at some spot but normal in other. like if i put my hand on the top and turned the wheel it gets stiff at 2 oclock and 10 and so on but not constantly. not sure whats going on. Front disks are toast. my dad never got a break job and never told me the calipers have dug into the disks. the suspension is gone mostly the bushings are worn away.... unless you huys have any ideas other than junkyard parts...not alot of r50's in the junk yards, Im going to have to sell mine to some one looking for a project car i mean it drives but i give it 2-3 months before something goes ******... im kinda depressed if this gets junked i wont have any car unless i buy a $200 honda..... well thanks for any help you can give.. im really sad because this is really looking like the end for my pathy.... :(:(:( :sniff:

Don't junk it, the bushings aren't hard to replace and are normally very cheap. Save up for the susp., did u check power steering fluid? And if your rotors (disks) aren't ground down too bad you can have them resurfaced (smoothed out) for a few bucks....just start looking around (yellow pages) and yes a JY would work 4 rotors. Just throwing some options @ ya. :gossip: :nono:

thanks... i was thinking its at the point where my parents want to junk it maybe i can convince them to let me do the work myself. which i know i can do. they dont trust me. I'll do some bambi eyes and say "well at least if we are gonna junk it let me try to fix it" i'll cry alittle too

97 is not that old. how many miles? definitely dont junk the pathy.

just tell your parents that the repairs will be much less expensive that replacing the vehicle. and your proposed $500 vehicle (even a honda) will have its own list of needs as well! that is no solution. at least you know the service history on your pathy.

yea i just bought a 91 honda accord to compliment the pathfinder (gas mileage) and the clutch just went on in it....i mean its not like i didnt see it comming....it had 250 on the ODO, but still runs like a champ...and it has already paid for itsself in gas, i bought it in august, and by now the amount i would have spent on gas in the pathfinder the car paid for itself....maybe u should get the car and then be able to work on the pathfinder....

and yes, when i still lived at my house my rents always told me they didnt want me working on my car myself....so when they werent home, i always worked on it, and by the time they got home it was usually fixed, dad would drive it a bit, and be like, "oh good job..."

so there are always some solutions, but if you really wanna keep the pathy, as they say, if there is a will, there is a way......

-sam